29.02.2024, 18:06   #1

Hobbyfotograf

Ciao ragazzi, are any of you experts in a.i.? can you distinguish whether a photo is AI or taken with a camera? there are many people around who don't know that this technique, although very interesting, has nothing to do with photography. Let's call it graphics, prompt engineering, computer science but it doesn't seem to me that becoming good at this technique has anything to do with being a good photographer. However, the results are truly remarkable at times and the temptation to be clever makes a man a thief.......

PS: this message is not referred about anyone here!!!
29.02.2024, 20:54   #2

Hobbyfotograf

I don't agree. Photography is just one technique of fine arts, AI-generated pictures are another. But it is just the idea of a picture that counts, and how this idea is visualized. The technique itsself doesn't matter at all.
29.02.2024, 21:57   #3

Hobbyfotograf

you may be right, but what we actually think matters little. What is important is that whoever uses a technique declares it without problems and without pretending that something automatic is the result of his skill. Otherwise he is simply playing dirty.
29.02.2024, 22:22   #4

Hobbyfotograf

...most of those slightly hairy primates are playing dirty 😉
02.03.2024, 10:46   #5

Hobbyfotograf

I would not agree with this statement. If AI tools are supposed to generate images through prompting that I actually need for a specific application, then it is extremely important to also describe the composition of the image and the photographic technique to be used. Yes, and these qualities also make a good photographer.

02.03.2024, 10:59   #6

Hobbyfotograf

There's a lot to discuss about this. I can tell you that as a beginner I tried the AI ​​and I assure you that if you do not specify anything about the composition it is automatically thought of by the machine which is trained for this. But I don't have the skills to talk about this. What I've noticed (not here) is that on social media AI photos are blatantly passed off as their own photos.
02.03.2024, 11:11   #7

Hobbyfotograf

Here in the club, there is the category "DigiArt." Perhaps this category could also be used to discuss images generated by AI and to talk about the respective prompt terms. Alternatively, Toni could open a subcategory specifically for AI. I agree with you. In any case, the authorship should include both the prompter and AI.

02.03.2024, 12:13   #8

Hobbyfotograf

yes it would be nice to indicate the engine used and share the prompt. one thing for example that I didn't understand is the sequence to give to the prompt, sometimes many characteristics that I write are ignored :D. I'm going offtopic but this is very interesting. As you may have understood, I actually have nothing against AI, I just think it's something different compared to the photos I take with my hands.
02.03.2024, 13:43   #9

Hobbyfotograf

A AI-generated image is actually not a real photograph in the sense of light painting.
The order and specific prompts used are often a surprise. I've also had results where some prompts were completely ignored. Regarding the order, I suspect that the words that come first are given greater weight.

03.03.2024, 12:48   #10

Hobbyfotograf

yes, I also think that the order counts, then there are parameters to make consider more or less a part of the prompt. But it's very difficult because as a user it's a closed box.... but it's terribly interesting. :D, I would really like to learn, there are 'legitimate' uses when the photo is clearly imaginary, I'll give a stupid example: I will never be able to photograph an elephant balancing on a wire. In this sense I think I would have fun with the fantasy that cannot be vented in reality.
66 Aufrufe | 10 Beiträge